All ongoing vacancies are also advertised in APS jobs and some are also advertised in major newspapers such as the Weekend Australian or the Canberra Times.
The Department engages non-ongoing employees to fill short-term vacancies which might be anywhere from a few weeks up to twelve months. Find out more about our Temporary Employment Register.
Note: All positions with DSEWPaC are subject to character checks, police checks, security clearances, health clearance, Australian citizenship requirements, and, if applicable, formal qualifications.
How do I apply?
We prefer applications are made online where available. We also accept applications via email, post or by hand.
Jobs list - external vacancies (email applications)
Information for applicants
- How to apply
- Graduate recruitment
- Information for applicants with disabilities
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- My Career, My APS: Career support for employees with disability
- Indigenous Employment and Capability Strategy
- Enterprise Agreement 2011 - 2014
More job opportunities
Other job opportunities are available at: