Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, 2008
Legislation annual reports 2007-08 (continued)
State of the Environment and section 516A
The EPBC Act requires that a report on Australia’s environment be prepared every five years. The third State of the Environment report was published in December 2006.
Section 516A of the EPBC Act requires Australian Government organisations to include in their annual reports a section detailing their environmental performance and the organisation’s contribution to ecologically sustainable development.
The department’s report under section 516A is in the first volume of this set of annual reports.
In this section
- About this report
- 1. Protecting environment and heritage
- 2. Conserving biodiversity
- 3. Managing heritage and protecting significant areas
- 4. Monitoring, compliance and legal actions
- 5. Reporting
- Appendix A – Statistics
- Appendix B – Committees
- Appendix C – Publications
- Appendix D – Compliance with timeframes (section 518 report)
- Case studies
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window