Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, 2010
Letter of transmittal
The Hon Tony Burke MP
Minister for Sustainability, Environment,
Water, Population and Communities
CANBERRA ACT 2600
I have pleasure in presenting you with the annual report of the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts for the financial year ended 30 June 2010. The report was prepared in accordance with the requirements set out in section 63 of the Public Service Act 1999. Subsection 63(1) of the Public Service Act 1999 requires you to lay a copy of this annual report before each House of the Parliament on or before 31 October 2010.
In addition, the annual report must be tabled in each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days after the day on which you receive it because it contains other annual reports about the Acts the department administers, including the annual report of the Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder, a requirement under the Water Act 2007.
I certify that this annual report has been prepared in accordance with the Requirements for Annual Reports for Departments, Executive Agencies and FMA Act Bodies for 2009-10 as required by subsection 63(2) of the Act.
I certify that this agency complies with the Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines.
As a consequence of the machinery of government changes on 14 September 2010 the department was renamed and restructured to reflect its new responsibilities.
Dr Paul Grimes
15 October 2010
- Letter of transmittal
- Executive summary
- Outcome 1 - Conserving our natural assets
- Outcome 2 - Living and working sustainably
- Operation of the Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act 1989
- Operation of the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989
- Operation of the product stewardship arrangements for oil including the Product Stewardship (Oil) Act 2000
- Operation of the Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000
- Outcome 3 - Protecting Antarctica
- Outcome 4 - Adapting to a future with less water
- Outcome 5 - Protecting and enhancing Australia's culture and heritage
- Corporate Outcome - Improving organisational effectiveness
- Financial statements
- List of requirements