Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Canberra environmental performance
EN2: Materials used: recycled
- Continue to meet 100% of white A4 paper needs with supplies containing post-consumer recycled content
- Introduce new internal environmental printing policy for outsourced printing
Performance 2005-06 and trends
To minimise the environmental impacts of paper use, all white A4 paper needs are met with paper containing 60% post-consumer recycled content and 40% sustainable managed plantation pulp content.
All Divisions seeking Public Affairs approval for outsourced printing are required to justify the necessity of producing a hardcopy document, in addition to web-based publication. For those publications that are externally printed, a policy is being developed to encourage low-impact printing choices relating to paper stock, inks, manufacturing processes and the related environmental credentials of printing service providers.
- Explore options for sourcing non-A4 paper stock comprising some post-consumer recycled content
- Implement an outsourced printing policy for departmental publications, including appropriate tools and information resources for staff use.
- Sustainability Report 05-06
- Executive summary
- Vision and strategy
- Our organisation
- Policy and influence
- Environmental performance
- Social performance
- Economic performance
- Report assurance statement
- Case studies
- GRI index
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window