Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Supervising Scientist Division environmental performance
EN26, EN27: Habitat change and restoration
- SSD will develop a strategy to minimise our transport-related impact on the environment
Performance 2005-06 and trends
A preliminary review of buildings and equipment at the Jabiru site was conducted in June 2006. A programme to dispose of surplus equipment and chemicals was commenced.
SSD is still working towards achievement of a strategy to minimise transport-related impact on the environment and will address this when a full assessment has been completed on the impact caused through the use of 4WDs, boats and quads in off-road areas.
A more comprehensive review of the use of the buildings has been delayed until 2006-07.
- Establish a plan to remove excess buildings at Jabiru and rehabilitate the site with native vegetation.
- Sustainability Report 05-06
- Executive summary
- Vision and strategy
- Our organisation
- Policy and influence
- Environmental performance
- Social performance
- Economic performance
- Report assurance statement
- Case studies
- GRI index
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window