Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Supervising Scientist Division environmental performance
EN17: Initiatives to use renewable energy sources and to increase energy efficiency
- Promote power conservation to reduce electricity consumption
Performance 2005-06 and trends
Whilst SSD has continued to promote power conservation, total electricity consumption has increased for the period. This increase is comparable to the increase in occupancy.
SSD does not use renewable energy, due to its limited availability in the Northern Territory.
SSD and PAN had small variations in occupancy of the buildings over the past twelve months and this in turn has been reflected in the consumption of electricity.
- Monitor access and use of the DEH Darwin building during the weekend to ascertain if there is a link between increased electricity consumption and use of the building outside of normal business hours.
- Sustainability Report 05-06
- Executive summary
- Vision and strategy
- Our organisation
- Policy and influence
- Environmental performance
- Social performance
- Economic performance
- Report assurance statement
- Case studies
- GRI index
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window