Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Supervising Scientist Division environmental performance
EN31: Hazardous waste production and transport
- During 2005-06, SSD will start using the Chemwatch database to monitor the use and disposal of chemicals as part of its business operations. The Chemwatch database also provides information on chemical hazards, identification, first aid, first response, personal protective equipment, physical properties, toxicology and regulations.
- During 2005-06 a review of all SSD houses will be completed and appropriate asbestos management plans will be in place
Performance 2005-06 and trends
In 2005-06 SSD gained access to the Chemwatch database. This database has begun to be populated with information on chemicals and quantities thereof held by SSD. It is not currently being actively used to track acquisition and disposal of chemicals used on-site.
All SSD houses were inspected in November 2005 and a comprehensive asbestos management register was prepared. To date, no waste has been generated as part of this plan.
- Use Chemwatch more actively to track acquisition and disposal of chemicals.
- Sustainability Report 05-06
- Executive summary
- Vision and strategy
- Our organisation
- Policy and influence
- Environmental performance
- Social performance
- Economic performance
- Report assurance statement
- Case studies
- GRI index
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window