Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Supervising Scientist Division environmental performance
EN7, EN25, EN28: Impacts on biodiversity
- Formally assess the environmental impact of fieldwork in the Alligator Rivers Region
- During 2005-06, SSD will assess the impact on the environment from using 4WDs, boats and quad bikes in off-road areas
Performance 2005-06 and trends
No formal study was conducted during this period. Discussions were held with scientific staff regarding SSD’s impact on the environment through fieldwork. It was deemed that the impact of operations was negligible.
Plans to do a formal review were not achieved due to staff changes and unavailable resources.
SSD does not maintain a list of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List species appearing in the areas in which it operates.
- None set
- Sustainability Report 05-06
- Executive summary
- Vision and strategy
- Our organisation
- Policy and influence
- Environmental performance
- Social performance
- Economic performance
- Report assurance statement
- Case studies
- GRI index
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window