Griffith University, Brisbane
Deakin University, Melbourne
BA (Asian studies) / B Education (Secondary)
Masters International Community Development
Before coming to the department, I had worked in a variety of community development roles both in Australia and overseas. I have been fortunate enough to live and work in Uganda, Vietnam and Indonesia. My work has focussed on community consultation, project design and project management. In my most recent role, I worked as a Project Management Advisor with a group of grassroots NGOs in Indonesia.
Through my work I have become aware of the growing importance of environmental issues on the global stage. I was drawn to the department as a means of learning more about key environmental issues, and Australia's response to them, in a practical work environment.
Water Governance Division, Urban Water Security Branch, Urban Water and Desalination Section
- Managing specific urban water security projects and acting as the departmental liaison officer for those projects
- Development and management of funding agreements
- Conducting site visits for monitoring purposes
- Contributing to evaluation of the Water Smart Australian program
- Providing support to the establishment of a new stormwater funding prorgram.
Marine Division, Marine Biodiversity Policy Branch, Policy Analysis and Advice Section
- Policy analysis and advice on international marine issues in advance of the Conference of Parties for the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES)
- Finalising the making of a Threat Abatement Plan for the impacts of marine debris on vertebrate marine life
- Contributing to project planning for the implementation of the Threat Abatement Plan.
Policy Coordination Division, Strategic Advice Branch, Economic and Strategic Policy Section
- Contributing to the development of a Portfolio Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
- Providing secretariat support for the Climate Change in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management sub-working group of the Natural Resource Management Ministerial Committee
- Coordinating and providing briefing to Senior Executive staff
- Providing input to whole-of-government policy issues.
'the best thing about working for us ... is the environment'