Volume one two
Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
Legislation annual reports 2006–07 (continued)
Operation of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (continued)
State of the Environment report
The EPBC Act requires that a report on Australia's environment be prepared every five years. The third State of the Environment report was published in December 2006.
Section 516A report
Section 516A of the EPBC Act requires Australian Government organisations to include in their annual reports a section detailing their environmental performance and the organisation's contribution to ecologically sustainable development.
The department's report under section 516A is in the first volume of this set of annual reports.
In this section
- 1. Protecting environment and heritage
- 2. Conserving biodiversity
- 3. Managing heritage and protecting significant areas
- 4. Monitoring and compliance
- 5. Reporting
- Appendix 1—Statistics on the operation of the EPBC Act in 2006—07
- Appendix 2—EPBC Act related publications in 2006—07
- Appendix 3—Functions and membership of advisory committees established under the EPBC Act
- Appendix 4—Compliance with timeframes (section 518 report)