Department of the Environment and Water Resources, 2007
About legislation annual reports
Some Acts that the Department of the Environment and Water Resources administers require the department or minister to provide annual reports on their operation to the parliament.
This volume of the annual report provides details on the operation of the seven Acts the department administers that do not report separately. The reports in this volume focus on how the statutory requirements of the Acts were met during the reporting year, and how the Acts were administered.
These Acts are:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000
- Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act 1989
- Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989
- Product Stewardship (Oil) Act 2000
- Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act 1986
- Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards Act 2005
The department provides separate annual reports to the parliament for the following legislation:
- Natural Heritage Trust of Australia Act 1997
- Environment Protection (Alligator Rivers Region) Act 1978 (the Supervising Scientist's annual report)
- National Environment Protection Council Act 1994
- Wet Tropics of Queensland World Heritage Area Conservation Act 1994
A summary of work related to the seven Acts in this volume, and details of how this work contributed to the outcomes and outputs in the Portfolio Budget Statements 2006—07 and Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements 2006—07 are contained in Volume 1 of this set of annual reports.