Weeds are a growing problem in Australia.
When we talk about weeds you might be surprised to find out that we are talking about common garden plants, like Agapanthus or Arum Lilies. Most weeds begin as ordinary plants in ordinary backyards. If left to grow, some of these garden plants can escape and become a major problem for native habitats, our land and our river systems and native animals.
There are many ways that kids can get involved:
- The CRC for Australian Weed Management has a range of resources for student/schools, including:
- Ghastly guests , a resource designed for upper primary school.
- Weed Busters has activities for kids
- Participate in a Community Care Group, find your local Landcare , Coastcare, Rivercare or Bushcare group.
- Kids Grow , an initiative of Nursery & Garden Industry Australia (NGIA)