National recovery plan for Twelve Threatened Spider-Orchid Caladenia R. Br. Taxa of Victoria and South Australia 2000 - 2004
James A. Todd
Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Victoria
Flora and Fauna Statewide Programs, March 2000
- Download the Recovery Plan as a PDF file
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Spider-orchids (Genus: Caladenia, Section: Calonema)
- 3 Conservation Status
- 4 Decline and Threats
- 5 Existing Conservation Measures
- 6 Strategy for Recovery
- 7 Community Involvement
- 8 Recovery Objectives
- 9 Recovery Criteria
- 10 Recovery Actions
- Action Plan 1 - Determine the conservation status of the twelve threatened Caladenia taxa in southeast Australia
- Action Plan 2 - Protect identified threatened Caladenia habitat
- Action Plan 3 - Protect populations from high-risk threatening processes
- Action Plan 4 - Develop and initiate fine-scale site management practices
- Action Plan 5 - Measure population trends and responses against recovery actions
- Action Plan 6 - Investigate the biology and ecology of threatened Caladenia taxa.
- Action Plan 7 - Establish ex-situ collections of threatened Caladenia taxa with rapidly declining or critically low populations in the wild.
- Action Plan 8 - Establish new populations of endangered Caladenia taxa in the wild
- Action Plan 9 - Develop a public education/community extension program
- Action Plan 10 - Manage Recovery Plan implementation
- 11 Bibliography
- 12 Glossary
- 13 Implementation Schedule
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
- Recovery plan for twelve threatened Spider-Orchid Caladenia R. Br. Taxa of Victoria and South Australia 2000-2004 (PDF - 576 KB) | (RTF - 2.75 MB)
The Director, Environment Australia, GPO Box 636, Canberra, ACT 2601 2000.
This publication is copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying or other, without the prior permission of the Director, Environment Australia.
The opinions expressed in this document are the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Environment Australia, the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Victoria, the Department of Environment and Heritage, South Australia or Parks Victoria.
Todd, J.A. (2000). Recovery Plan for twelve threatened Spider-orchid Caladenia taxa (Orchidaceae: Caladeniinae) of Victoria and South Australia 2000 - 2004. Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Melbourne.
The Environment Australia Biodiversity Group, Threatened Species and Communities Section funded the preparation of this Plan.
A Recovery Plan prepared under the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.