Approved wildlife trade management plan
7 February 2013
- Approved South Australian Kangaroo Management Plan 2013-2017 (PDF - 861 KB) | (Word - 639 KB)
- Declaration of approved South Australian Kangaroo Management Plan 2013-2017 - Gazetted 13 February 2013 C2013G00252
About the management plan
This management plan has been developed to satisfy the requirements of the Commonwealth's Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and to meet the legislative and other requirements of the South Australia Government.
This management plan relates only to the commercial harvest of the following macropod species within South Australia;
- red kangaroo (Macropus rufus);
- western grey kangaroo (Macropus fuliginosus melanops)and
- euro (or hill kangaroo) (Macropus robustus).
This management plan is current for a maximum five-year period from 01 January 2013 to 31 December 2017.