Featured content, part of a carousel. Controls are above the content.
The Government's Clean Water Plan has community-based and practical environmentalism at its core. It incorporates a sustainable plan for the Murray-Darling Basin, our Water Security Plan and protection of the Great Barrier Reef.
The Reef 2050 Plan will provide a long term strategic approach to address key threats to the Great Barrier Reef including nutrient run off and Crown of Thorns Starfish, as well as species protection, particularly dugongs and turtles.
A more balanced approach to Marine Protected Areas will mean the areas are assessed in accordance with scientific, economic and social evidence. This will continue to protect marine environments and the fishing communities that rely on them.
The appointment of a panel of water experts, measures to harness stormwater and the potential for new dams in northern Australia will secure the nation's water supplies, deliver strong economic benefits for Australia and protect our environment.
- International campaign to end scientific whaling
- A National Whale Stranding Action Plan
- A National Dolphin Recovery Plan
- A National Whale Trail
- Marine bioregional planning
- Additional $1.2 million for Chaffey Dam
- Cleaning up the Yarra River
- Improving the environmental health of the Tamar River, Tasmania
- Myall River working party
- River Torrens Recovery Programme
- Swan and Canning River Recovery Programme
- Tuggerah Lake clean up