The Australian Government requires monitoring and reporting for all environment and natural resource management programs.
A new MERI strategy
The Monitoring Evaluation Reporting and Improvement Strategy: Caring for our Country and the Biodiversity Fund (The MERI Strategy) outlines how the MERI process relates to both the second phase of Caring for our Country (2013-2018) and the Biodiversity Fund (2012-2018). The new MERI Strategy also outlines the roles and responsibilities of funding recipients and the Australian Government.
The MERI Strategy will ensure:
- Funding recipients can track and report on project progress and achievements.
- The Australian Government can track program progress and report on program achievements, including their impacts on the environment, natural resource base and community.
- Information collected along the way is used effectively, including by funding recipients and the Australian Government to inform ongoing and future design and delivery of projects and programs.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement (MERI)
Project MERI Plan
The Project MERI Plan is a requirement of all Biodiversity Fund recipients and must be approved by the Department prior to commencing your Project. Ensure you have read the Project MERI Plan instructions before completing your Project MERI Plan.
Biodiversity Fund Round Two
- Biodiversity Fund Round Two Project MERI Plan (PDF - 560 KB) | (Word - 1.5 MB)
- Biodiversity Fund Round Two Project MERI Plan example (PDF - 557 KB) | (Word - 1.5 MB)
Biodiversity Fund Northern Australia Targeted Investment
- Biodiversity Fund Northern Australia Targeted Investment Project MERI Plan (PDF - 531 KB) | (Word - 1.5 MB)
- Biodiversity Fund Northern Australia Targeted Investment Project MERI Plan example (PDF - 558 KB) | (Word - 1.5 MB)
Biodiversity Fund: Investing in Tasmania's Native Forests 2013-14
- Biodiversity Fund: Investing in Tasmania's Native Forests 2013-14 Project MERI Plan (PDF - 159 KB) | (Word - 87 KB)
Project MERI Plan instructions
The Project MERI Plan instructions provide important information to assist in the development of your Project MERI Plan. It is important to review the instructions before developing your Project MERI Plan.
Draft Reporting template
The Draft Annual report template is provided as an example of what reporting requirements for successful projects may include. It should be noted that successful projects would not necessarily be required to complete all sections.
Biodiversity Fund Ecological Monitoring Guide
The Biodiversity Fund Ecological Monitoring Guide sets out the monitoring requirements for projects valued at, or above, $500,000.
Video guide to Ecological Monitoring in the field