Call for Comments
The Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) has commenced preparation of five assessment reports for the purposes of strategic assessment and export approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. Assessments of these fisheries will be based on fishery specific terms of reference. Interested parties are invited to comment on the draft terms of reference by Monday 4 July 2005 for the following Australian Government managed fisheries:
- Torres Strait Pearl Shell Fishery;
- Torres Strait Trochus Fishery;
- Torres Strait Crab Fishery;
- New and Exploratory Fisheries in the CCAMLR Region; and
- Informally Managed Fishing Permits.
Following consideration of public comment, the terms of reference will be provided to the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and the Arts for finalisation.
Copies of draft terms of reference are available on AFMA's website (www.afma.gov.au), by writing to AFMA:
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
Canberra Mail Centre ACT 2610
or by contacting Ms Cate Coddington at AFMA on (02) 6272 4208.
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- The Australian Government
- Australian Seafood Industry Council
- Australian Antarctic Division
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window