Report of the Taskforce
Final Report 2000
- National Taskforce Final Report (PDF - 240 KB)
- Appendix A - Terms of reference and membership (PDF - 13 KB)
- Appendix B- Summary of comments on the stakeholder consultation paper (PDF - 13 KB)
- Appendix C - Major introduced marine pest species detected in Australia (PDF - 14 KB)
- Appendix D - Draft Australian Emergency Marine Pest Management Plan (PDF - 857 MB)
- Appendix E - Interim trigger list of introduced marine pests (PDF - 13 KB)
- Appendix F - Scenarios to test capabilities of legislation (PDF - 13 KB)
- Appendix G - Draft Action Plan for Minimising the Risks to Australia from the Introduction and Translocation of Marine Pests by Vessels (PDF - 78 KB)
- Appendix H - National Control Plan for Northern Pacific Seastar (Asterias amurensis) (PDF - 1143 KB)
Note: This is the final version of the National Control Plan for the introduced marine pest Northern Pacific Seastar (Asterias amurensis) , a draft of which formed Appendix H to the National Taskforce Report provided to governments on 23 December 1999.
About the report
The Joint Standing Committee on Conservation (SCC) / Standing Committee on Fisheries and Aquaculture (SCFA) National Taskforce on the Prevention and Management of Marine Pest Incursions (the Taskforce) was convened in August 1999, following decisions of the Ministerial Council on Forestry, Fisheries and Aquaculture (MCFFA) and the Australian and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council (ANZECC). This report contains the findings and recommendations of the taskforce.