Sea dumping permit applications should be accompanied by an application fee. Fees are set out in the Environment Protection (Sea Dumping) Regulations 1983. Fees vary depending on the activity.
The appropriate fee should be paid to the Department within 30 days of the application and before the permit can be granted. Cheques should be made out to the Department.
|Sea dumping activity||Fee|
|Dredged or excavated material <100,000 m3||$10,000|
|Dredged or excavated material >100,000 m3||$23,500|
|Burial at sea||$1,675|
The fee for an application to vary a permit is $860.
- Disposal of sewage sludge at sea
- Disposal of dredged material at sea
- Disposal of material for the purpose of creating an artificial reef
- Disposal of vessels and platforms or other man-made structures at sea
- Burial at sea
- Disposal of bulky items from small islands into the sea
- Disposal of fish waste at sea
- Application fees
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window