Application to take orphaned/injured Red Footed Booby (Sula sula) birds, Cocos (Keeling) Islands - E2010-0033
- General Permit Application - Part 1 (PDF - 1513 KB)
- General Permit Application - Part 2 (PDF - 1377 KB)
- Supplementary Form C - Part 1 (PDF - 1481 KB)
- Supplementary Form C - Part 2 (PDF - 1495 KB)
- Supplementary Form C - Part 3 (PDF - 1423 KB)
- Supplementary Form C - Attachment (PDF - 1470 KB)
About the application
The department received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed migratory species in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, section 215, of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is to take orphaned and/or injured Red Footed Booby (Sula sula) birds for rehabilitation outside of Pulu Keeling National Park, Cocos (Keeling) Islands. The Red Footed Booby is a listed migratory species under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of section 215(3) of the Act, comments were invited on this proposal. The comment period closed 4 February 2010.