Application for the translocation of 12 long-nosed potoroo from Cape Conran in Victoria to Booderee National Park in New South Wales - E2009-0028
- General permit application (PDF - 1.54 MB)
- Supplementary form C1 (PDF - 1.28 MB)
- Supplementary form C2 (PDF - 1.17 MB)
- Action description (PDF - 661 KB)
- Animal ethics (PDF - 866 KB)
- Scientific permit 1 (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Scientific permit 2 (PDF - 1.9 MB)
About the application
The department received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed threatened species and ecological community in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, section 200 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is to translocate 12 long-nosed potoroo from Cape Conran in Victoria to Booderee National Park in New South Wales. Long-nosed potoroo (Potorous tridactylus tridactylus) is listed as vulnerable under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of section 200(3), of the Act, comments were invited on this proposal. The comment period closed 23 October 2009.