Review of LPG (Autogas) Fuel Quality Standard
Department of the Environment and Heritage, January 2010
- Review of LPG (Autogas) Fuel Quality Standard - Discussion Paper (PDF - 261 KB)
- Review of LPG (Autogas) Fuel Quality Standard - Discussion Paper (Word - 227 KB)
About this discussion paper
Under the Fuel Quality Standards Act 2000, the Environment Minister has the power to set standards for the quality of fuel supplied in Australia and for information to be provided for consumers in relation to fuel supplies. The Minister also has the power to approve variations to fuel standards in certain circumstances.
The objectives of the discussion paper were to:
- Review the adequacy of the current fuel quality standard for LPG autogas;
- Identify potential issues with the current standard in adequately controlling the quality of autogas supplied in Australia;
- Facilitate consultation with the industry and other stakeholders on the issues identified and any proposed amendments to the standard;
- Assist the department in determining:
- whether the Fuel Standard (Autogas) Determination 2003 should be amended;
- if so, what amendments are required; and
- an appropriate timeframe for implementing any amendments identified.