Other national programs which complement AuSSI include the following:
- Carbon Kids is a CSIRO educational program that helps primary and secondary school communities better understand climate change, and encourages positive actions for sustainability. The website includes educational and curriculum resources.
- Living Greener provides a starting point for information about living more sustainably and reducing your environmental impact.
- National Solar Schools Program is an Australian Government initiative providing grants to install a range of renewable energy and energy efficiency measures in schools.
- Reef Guardian Schools Program
This Program encourages schools to become involved in protecting and conserving the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area. The program integrates teaching and learning about the Reef into the curriculum, and promotes action by schools and their communities to improve management of their school, their local environment and the Reef.
- STELR (Science and Technology Education Leveraging Relevance) is a science education program for high school students, focusing on renewable energy, delivered by the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program is a food education program designed to establish kitchen gardens in primary schools with the aim of positively influencing children's food choices. Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program provides food education for children. The program develops lifelong skills in the kitchen and garden and encourages children to enjoy all the benefits of growing, harvesting, preparing and sharing.
- Waterwatch Australia is a national community water quality monitoring network that encourages all Australians to become active in the protection of their waterways.
The Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative (AuSSI) seeks to support schools and their communities to become sustainable
- AuSSI coordinators
- AuSSI - Fact sheet
- National Environmental Education Statement for Australian Schools