Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
This business plan has been prepared for the use of the Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder (CEWH) and the Environmental Water Branch within the Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (the Department). It outlines how we will meet obligations under the Water Act 2007 (Cwlth) (the Act) to manage the Commonwealth's environmental water holdings.
About the business plan
The objectives of the CEWH, as set out in Part 6 of the Act, are:
- to manage the Commonwealth environmental water holdings
- to administer the Environmental Water Holdings Special Account.
The business plan will guide the CEWH's activities in 2010-11 to deliver efficient management of the Commonwealth's environmental water, so as to maximise environmental outcomes, and meet obligations under the Act and other relevant legislation. This 2010-11 document builds on business plans prepared in 2008-09 and 2009-10.
The plan addresses the:
- overview for 2010-11, including priority activities
- nature, functions and relationships of the CEWH, as laid down by legislation
- use of environmental water, including the criteria for assessing 2010-11 environmental watering actions
- management of environmental water holdings
- governance and financial management of the CEWH.
We welcome your views on the current business plan, which is available at Commonwealth Environmental Water Office 2012-13 Business Plan