Freedom of Information
The Australian Heritage Council (the AHC) is an agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
The FOI Act gives any person the right to:
- access copies of documents (except exempt documents) we hold
- ask for information we hold about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, out of date, incorrect or misleading, and
- seek a review of our decision not to allow you access to a document or not to amend your personal record.
The AHC is assisted by the Department of the Environment (the Department) in processing FOI requests and in complying with the Information Publication Scheme.
Documents and compliance
- Certain documents that we have released under the FOI Act can be obtained at the department's FOI disclosure log page.
- Details about AHC compliance with the Information Publication Scheme can be obtained at our Information Publication Scheme page.
If you require more information, please refer to the Department's FOI page or contact the Department's FOI Contact Officer.
FOI Contact Officer
Ph: (02) 6274 2098