New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service
PO Box 2111
Dubbo NSW 2830
Find out more
- New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- World Heritage Committee information for Willandra Lakes Region
- Brochure (PDF - 815 KB)
- Map (PDF - 268 KB)
Available in the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts library
- Nomination of The WillandraLakes Region for inclusion in the World Heritage List, Prepared by the Australian Heritage Commission, Canberra, December 1980.
- Willandra Lakes: People and Palaeoenvironments, Johnston H., Clark P. and White J.P. (eds) Archaeology in Oceania, Volume 33, Number 3, October 1998, Published by the University of Sydney in association with National Parks and Wildlife Service, New South Wales and the Willandra Lakes World Heritage Area Management Council.
- Bowler, M. J. and Thorne, A.G., 1976, 'Human remains from Lake Mungo: Discovery and excavation of Lake Mungo III' in The Origin of the Australians, eds R. L. Kirk and A. G. Thorne Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies, Canberra.
- Flood, J. M. A., 1983, Archaeology of the Dreamtime, Collins.
- Fox, A., 1992, Mungo National Park, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, Broken Hill.
- Mulvaney, D. J., 1975, The Prehistory of Australia, Penguin.
- White, J. P. and O'Connell, J. F., 1982, A Prehistory of Australia, New Guinea and Sahul, Academic Press.
Before you download
Some documents are available as PDF files. You will need a PDF reader to view PDF files.
List of PDF readers
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window