Benefits of project
The project will contribute to ongoing employment in areas of unique skills, as well as general labour.
Because Audit House is held in high regard by the local community and amongst visitors, the improvements made through this project have the potential to encourage greater hands-on involvement in future management of the property.
Rejuvenating the garden through this project will demonstrate how tenants in these houses took steps to increase their privacy and comfort by planting cooling gardens around them.
This project will ensure greater tourism interest in the Heritage Precinct. While providing employment in the short term, these works will ensure the ongoing viability of Audit House and the Heritage Precinct as a venue and a feature of Darwin.
- Australian Heritage Week
- Public notices
- Asia-Pacific Focal Point
- Australia's dinosaurs
- Managing Commonwealth heritage places
- Australian Heritage Council
- Australian Heritage Places Inventory (AHPI)
- Australian Heritage Database
- Australian Heritage Information
- Export permits
- Indigenous heritage
- Place managers network
- Historic Shipwrecks Program factsheet
- Patrimonito Storyboard competition
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window