Benefits of project
As a focus for worship for generations of Thursday Islanders, the Church holds a primary place in the social history and cultural fabric of the local community.
The Torres Strait region suffers employment disadvantage because of its remote location, and this project will deliver direct employment opportunities.
The restoration to the Church will enable its continued use as a sacred place and a place of local assembly. It will also enhance it as a place of tourism.
- Australian Heritage Week
- Public notices
- Asia-Pacific Focal Point
- Australia's dinosaurs
- Managing Commonwealth heritage places
- Australian Heritage Council
- Australian Heritage Places Inventory (AHPI)
- Australian Heritage Database
- Australian Heritage Information
- Export permits
- Indigenous heritage
- Place managers network
- Historic Shipwrecks Program factsheet
- Patrimonito Storyboard competition
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window