Progress report one (August 2009)
Planning for the project has been undertaken, and quotes have been obtained. Activity will commence in spring. Approvals and permits have been applied for.
Progress report two (December 2009)
Work began in September with the aim of finishing by the end of the year, weather permitting. The roof has been completed, and the fascia has had its first coat of paint.
All project works are complete. Activities undertaken were:
- repainting of the façade to reinstate the original colour
- replacement of roofing to ensure the interior does not suffer further water damage
- roof vents repaired and refitted.
The project has contributed to safeguarding the heritage values of the building. Works were completed in consultation with a suitable heritage expert.
The continued operation of the venue provides an important cultural outlet for people in the local area, helping to address the need for quality entertainment for a number of rural communities. Events at the theatre include viewing films, live performances, presentation evenings, and community and fundraising events. The community aspect of the project was enhanced by employing local tradespeople.
- Australian Heritage Week
- Public notices
- Asia-Pacific Focal Point
- Australia's dinosaurs
- Managing Commonwealth heritage places
- Australian Heritage Council
- Australian Heritage Places Inventory (AHPI)
- Australian Heritage Database
- Australian Heritage Information
- Export permits
- Indigenous heritage
- Place managers network
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window