Funding for 2012-13 Your Community Heritage projects was announced on 21 May 2013.
About the Program
As part of the May 2011 Budget, supplementary funding of up to $4 million per year over two years was made available for 2011-12 and 2012-13 under the Your Community Heritage program. This funding was in addition to annual funding for Protecting National Historic Sites of up to $4.42 million each year (including up to $100,000 each year for Commemorating Eminent Australians).
Your Community Heritage program recognises that our heritage is not just about 'big' heritage such as places on the World and National Heritage Lists, it is also about the heritage of individual communities, be they in regional Australia or small towns or in dispersed multicultural communities. Your Community Heritage program is about broadening our understanding and support of heritage and the organisations, individuals, volunteers and communities, who protect and manage so many of our unique heritage places and stories.
Your Community Heritage program will promote the importance of heritage to the community and its role in bringing people together, creating community identity and a sense of pride.
Funding from 2013-14
The supplementary funding for Your Community Heritage concludes at the end of 2012-13. From 2013-14 onwards, Protecting National Historic Sites will continue to operate. The 2012-13 Your Community Heritage program also included applications for funding to be provided under the 2013-14 Protecting National Historic Sites program. Applications for the 2012-13 Your Community Heritage program closed at 5.00pm AEDT 21 March 2013.
It is anticipated that funding for the Protecting National Historic Sites program will next be available in 2014-15.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions
Guide for Applicants
Note: the Your Community Heritage Program is currently closed. The Your Community Heritage Guide for Applicants 2012-13 is provided for your reference.
- Your Community Heritage Program Guide for Applicants 2012-13 (PDF - 1.5 MB)
- Your Community Heritage Program Guide for Applicants 2012-13 (Word - 637 KB)
- Your Community Heritage Program - Part B - Standard terms and conditions (PDF - 265 KB)
- Your Community Heritage Program - Part B - Standard terms and conditions (Word - 93 KB)
- Your Community Heritage Program - Part C - Program specific terms and conditions (PDF - 215 KB)
- Your Community Heritage Program - Part C - Program specific terms and conditions (Word - 64 KB)
If you still have any questions, please contact the Department.
Phone: (freecall) 1800 653 004
Your Community Heritage Program
Grants Services Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
GPO Box 787
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Search for heritage places
- Australian Heritage Week
- Public notices
- Asia-Pacific Focal Point
- Australia's dinosaurs
- Managing Commonwealth heritage places
- Australian Heritage Council
- Australian Heritage Places Inventory (AHPI)
- Australian Heritage Database
- Australian Heritage Information
- Export permits
- Indigenous heritage
- Place managers network
- Historic Shipwrecks Program factsheet
- Patrimonito Storyboard competition