Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers
|Non-accredited training delivered|
|Training package||Unit title||Unit code|
Conservation & Land Management|
- Certificate II
|Maintain cultural places||AHCILM201A|
|Record information about country||AHCILM203A|
Conservation & Land
- Certificate III
|Propose appropriate use of traditional customs||AHCILM301A|
|Provide appropriate information on cultural knowledge||AHCILM302A|
Conservation & Land
- Certificate IV
|Inspect and monitor cultural places||AHCLPW403A|
|Protect places of cultural significance||AHCILM401A|
|Report on place of potential cultural significance||AHCILM402A|
|SIT07 - Certificate III & IV (Guiding)||Research and share general information on Australian Indigenous cultures||THTFTTG07B|
GippsTafe delivers training through a partnership between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people.
The team's relevant qualifications:
- Dr Doris Paton: Doctor of Philosophy, Bachelor of Arts (Social Science), Graduate Diploma Education (Secondary), Master of Education (Aboriginal Education), Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Christine Johnson: Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Diploma of Primary Teaching
- Peter Corser: Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts), Graduate Diploma of Arts (Visual Arts), Bachelor of Science (Forestry), Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Alberta Ruston: Bachelor of Education (Primary), Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Lynnette Solomon-Dent: Bachelor Education (Primary), Diploma of Teaching (Primary), Associated Diploma in Aboriginal Studies, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Andrew Dalton: Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs Work
- Malcolm Grant: - Bachelor of Science, Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Scott Douglas: Bachelor of Business, Certificate II in Informal Learning, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
GippsTAFE includes a Koorie Unit which has been established since 1990. Over this time the Koorie Unit has evolved from delivering training to meet the needs of the Koorie community to provide customised training specifically designed and catered to creating pathways into further education and employment. In collaboration and partnerships with agencies and community sector employers GippsTAFE Koorie Unit has achieved many successful placements into part-time, full-time and traineeship employment opportunities.
The Koorie Unit delivered customised cultural heritage management training specialising in Indigenous land management over three years. This training collaborated with Parks Victoria and Aboriginal Affairs Victoria to deliver a 'learning on country' program to enable hands on training approach to gaining skills and knowledge whilst working with community members, an archaeologist, Elders and Koorie teaching staff. This course modelled a traditional learning model of teaching about knowledge and country. This course includes on-line learning modules to accommodate training for participants off campus.
GippsTAFE has delivered cultural heritage management training to an Indigenous group within the last 12 months (valid at October 2011).
PLEASE NOTE: The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers is provided for information only. The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities does not endorse or recommend any listed training provider on the Register or warrant that any providers are suitable or appropriately qualified. Organisations should conduct their own procurement processes before choosing or engaging a trainer. Information on the Register is as provided by the listed training providers.
About the Register
The Register of Cultural Heritage Management Training Providers has been developed as a resource for Indigenous land and sea managers who want to undertake training in cultural heritage management.
Please contact us if you wish to be included on the register, or if you or your organisation is included on the Register and you would like to update any details. Email: workingoncountry@