Australian Government Reef Achievements (2008 - 2013)
About the report
This report provides information on the success of the Australian Government investments to reduce nutrient, pesticide and sediment discharge into the reef from broadscale landuse over the period 2008 to 2013. These activities were supported under the banner of Reef Rescue through to 2013 and will continue to 2018 through the Reef Programme.
The programme supports agricultural land managers to reduce the loads of these pollutants entering the reef from broad-scale land use to increase the resilience of the reef to a range of threats and pressures. The programme is the Australian Government’s contribution to the goals and targets of the Reef Water Quality Protection Plan 2009.
Regional achievements summaries
- Burnett Mary region (PDF - 1.14 MB) | (DOCX - 1.47 MB)
- Cape York region (PDF - 789.88 KB) | (DOCX - 670.11 KB)
- Fitzroy Basin region (PDF - 874.5 KB) | (DOCX - 793.52 KB)
- Mackay Whitsunday region (PDF - 1012.43 KB) | (DOCX - 750.91 KB)
- NQ Dry Tropics region (PDF - 997.78 KB) | (DOCX - 1.2 MB)
- Wet Tropics region (PDF - 928.89 KB) | (DOCX - 730.23 KB)