Zoning and activities
Four types of zones are represented in the North Commonwealth Marine Reserves Network
- Marine National Park Zone (IUCN Category II)
- Multiple Use Zone (IUCN Category VI)
- Special Purpose Zone (IUCN Category VI)
- General Use Zone (Carpentaria) (IUCN Category VI)
From 17 November 2012 and until the network management plan is in effect, there are no 'on-the-water' changes for users of new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserve estate. The below activity table provides general advice on zoning and allowed activities that will apply once the network management plan comes into effect on 1 July 2014.
- Zoning activity scheme - Overview of Zoning Scheme for the North Commonwealth Marine Reserve Network (PDF - 418 KB) | (Word - 393 KB)