Draft management plan
The Australian Government has developed a draft management plan for the South-east Marine Reserve Network after carefully considering the information it received as part of the public consultation process on the intention to develop a management plan and consideration of the interim management of the reserves network over several years.
On 11 July 2012, the Director of National Parks published a notice inviting public comment on the draft South-east Commonwealth Marine Reserves Network management plan.
The comment period has now closed.
The management plan will now be finalised and established under Australia's national environment law - the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). It is a requirement under the EPBC Act that management plans are prepared for Commonwealth reserves.
- Draft South-east Commonwealth Marine Reserves Network management plan 2012-22 (PDF - 2719KB) | (Word - 4905KB)
- Brochure - Managing marine reserves in Australia's South-east Region (PDF - 1861KB)
- Fact sheet - Information for commercial fishers (PDF - 106KB) | (Word - 102KB)
- Fact sheet - Information for recreational fishers (PDF - 92KB) | (Word - 103KB)
- Fact sheet - Information for commercial tourism operators (PDF - 106KB) | (Word - 72KB)
If you have questions regarding the draft South-east Commonwealth Marine Reserve Network management plan or the public consultation comment process, please send an email to Southeast.MarinePlan@environment.gov.au or call 1800 069 352.