Online photo gallery
HOW TO SEARCH
To view every image in the database, click the Search button without selecting any other options.
To target your search, use one or more of the following options.
Enter a single keyword or phrase
Several fields in the database will be searched for occurrences of the word or phrase you enter. These include:
- Any keywords defined for the images
- Any thesaurus terms defined for the images
- Image titles
- Image descriptions
- Image Places
- The species and common names of flora or fauna, if available
Every image in the database has been classified by one or more Thesaurus Term. To constrain your search results, select one or more of these terms.
To select multiple terms, depress the Control key while clicking on a term. If you select more than one term, you will obtain images which are classified by any of the selected terms.
To clear your selection, click the Reset button.
- State or Territory
- Search only for images taken in either ACT, NSW, NT, Qld, SA, Tas, Vic or WA.
- External Territories.
- Search only for images taken in Australia's External Territories. This includes images taken in Antarctica, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island, Heard Island, Lord Howe Island, Macquarie Island, McDonald Islands, or Norfolk Island.
- Search only for images identified as Australian. That is, Australian images where a State or Territory has not been specified.
- Search only for images taken outside of Australia and it's External Territories.