Online photo gallery
The details table on the full details search result page contains information about an image. To use an image for any purpose you must first contact us.
All images entered into the database are assigned a unique barcode number. To request an image you must state the barcode number.
A short title for the image.
See also Image Description.
The creator is the artist/author/photographer of the original image. The creator must be acknowledged when using an image.
The possible entries for the owner of the copyright on an image are:
- Copyright Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Copyright belongs to the Department, and the Department must be acknowledged.
- Copyright creator
- Copyright belongs to the creator (photographer, artist etc), and both the Department and the creator must be acknowledged.
- Copyright shared (creator and DSEWPaC)
- Copyright is shared between both the creator and the Department, and both the Department and the creator must be acknowledged
- Copyright other
- Copyright belongs to someone other than the Department or the creator. You must check and follow any copyright conditions before using these images.
Details of any restrictions placed on the image by the copyright owner that must be followed before an image can be used.
- Credit creator
- To use these images the creator must be credited in the publication or presentation etc. For example, Photograph of XXX, by Photographer's name.
- No restrictions
- There are no restrictions on the use of these images.
- Print only
- These images can be used only for printed publications, not for web sites.
- Web only
- These images can only be used on the Internet or Intranet for web sites etc, not in printed material.
- Other: See Copyright Comments
- See Copyright Comments for more details.
Further copyright information that must be followed before the image can be used.
A Short description of the image.
See also Image Title.
Every image in the database has been classified by one or more Thesaurus Term.
The thesaurus terms have been chosen to broadly describe the environmental themes and roles of the Department, and to cover the most requested types of images.
Single keyword or phrase to describe the image.
Several fields in the database are searched for occurrences of the word or phrase entered as a keyword. These include:
- Any keywords defined for the images
- Any thesaurus terms defined for the images
- Image titles
- Image descriptions
- Image places
- The species and common names of flora or fauna (if available)
- Any comments defined for the images
The name of the place shown in the image.
The date the image was created (if known).
Specifies the region the image was taken in. These include:
- Australia (if State or Territory is unknown)
- Australian Capital Territory
- External Territories
- International (All areas outside of Australia and its External Territories)
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia