Grants to Voluntary Environment and Heritage Organisations (GVEHO)
Grants to Voluntary Environment, Sustainability and Heritage Organisations (GVESHO) 2011-12 funding round is now open.
- Find out more - Applications close 5 pm (AEST) 29 July 2011.
The Grants to Voluntary Environment and Heritage Organisations (GVEHO) program helps eligible community based environment and heritage organisations to value, conserve and protect Australia's natural environment and historic heritage by assisting with their administrative funding.
Funds provided through the GVEHO program may be used to assist with salaries and salary on-costs for executive and administrative staff; office accommodation rental; electricity, gas, phone and other similar charges; essential office supplies and equipment; staff and volunteer training; photocopying and printing costs; and travel costs incurred on behalf of the organisation.
Further information about the GVEHO program can be obtained by contacting the GVEHO Program Team on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 6274 2422.
The Department is currently undertaking a review of the GVEHO Guidelines. The next GVEHO round will be advertised once the review has been finalised.
Due to the ongoing review of the program, 2009-10 funding was based on the grant payments for the 2008-09 financial year. Organisations receiving funding must continue to meet GVEHO eligibility requirements.
- List of successful recipients 2008-2009 (PDF - 53 KB) | (RTF - 388 KB)
- GVEHO guidelines and information for applicants 2008-09 (PDF - 488 KB) | (RTF - 4,334 KB)
Successful applicants for the 2008-2009 round were assessed using the attached Guidelines. The assessment of applications was based on the relative merits of an organisation's contribution to the protection and conservation of Australia's natural environment and historic heritage. Funding was allocated on a competitive basis and as such, not all organisations assessed as eligible received an offer of a grant.
- List of recipients 2009-10 (XLS 49 KB) (XLS - 48.5 KB)
- PDF (PDF - 52.27 KB)
- RTF (RTF - 387.15 KB)
- GVEHO guidelines and information for applicants 2008-09 (PDF - 488 KB) (PDF - 1.01 MB)
- RTF - 4,334 KB (RTF - 4.23 MB)
- List of successful recipients 2007 -2008 (PDF - 43 KB) (PDF - 58.83 KB)
- RTF (RTF - 224.23 KB)