Spiders of Australia
Interactive Identification to SubFamily
Spiders of Australia is a comprehensive information package and identification tool for spiders, among the most numerous and abundant of all terrestrial organisms in Australia. The CD ROM covers all families and subfamilies in Australia and New Guinea, and all but two families in New Zealand.
The interactive keys allow fast, accurate identification of Australian spiders to the level of family, subfamily and, in some cases, genus. Using the latest web-integrated Lucid Player, an easy-to-use browser interface provides access to the rich store of information including distribution maps, subfamily notes, lists of species, and subfamily and family descriptions. Most subfamilies are illustrated with high quality photographs of live spiders while the rare or tiny are shown from photomicrographs. A brilliantly illustrated complete glossary of terms used in spider identification complements this package.
Spiders of Australia will be much sought after by ecologists, park rangers, natural resource managers, taxonomists, students, naturalists, amateur arachnologists, and people generally interested in identification of spiders.
- Over 2000 diagrams and photographs, more than 500 in colour
- Glossary of characters
- Checklist of Australian spider species
- 184 character states aid identification; in many cases a family can be recognised by one or two features
About this CD ROM
ABRS Identification Series
Australian Biological Resources Study/
Western Australian Museum
0 643 06870 8
978 0 643 06870 4
- Windows 95/98/NT(SP6)/ME/2000/XP
- 16MB RAM; 32MB NT/2000/XP (32MB RAM or higher is recommended
- Free Hard Disk space up to 52MB + Internet Explorer
- SVGA monitor (800 × 600 or better)
- CD ROM 4× speed or greater
- Internet Explorer (recommended) 5.0 or greater or;
- Mozilla Web Browser 0.9 or greater
- Internet connection (optional)