Grevillea obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora and subsp. fecunda Recovery Plan
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, September 2001
ISBN 0 731 36281 0
Many facets of the biology and ecology of Grevillea obtusiflora are not known. A program of biological and ecological research provides the opportunity to collect and analyse this information. This information will guide future management practices.
The objectives of the research program are to;
- encourage research into aspects of the ecology of G. obtusiflora that is likely to provide information valuable to the recovery of the taxon, and
- understand essential aspects of the ecology of G. obtusiflora.
- The NPWS will encourage and facilitate research on the;
- seed biology (dormancy and germination) of G. obtusiflora subsp. fecunda,
- fruit production of G. obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora,
- pollinators of G. obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora and subsp. fecunda,
- response to fire of G. obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora and subsp. fecunda,
- effect of soil-borne pathogens on G. obtusiflora, and
- genetic variation in G. obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora, in order to address specific information gaps in the understanding of the taxa's ecology.
- A research project on an aspect of biology or ecology of G. obtusiflora subsp. obtusiflora or subsp. fecunda is commenced within three years.