Threatened Species Unit, North East Branch
New South Wales Department of Environment and Conservation, 2004
- Assessment of Section 132C licence applications under the TSC Act.
- Assessment of licence applications under the NPW Act.
- Assessment of proposed developments on DEC estate.
- Advice to determining and consent authorities, with a possible concurrence role under the EP&A Act or NV Act.
- Preparation of Recovery Plans and co-ordination of implementation.
- Regulation of certain forestry operations under the Integrated Forestry Operations Approval.
|Relevant local governments
- Preparation of Local Environmental Plans under Part 3 of EP&A Act.
- Consent authorities for development proposals under Part 4 of EP&A Act.
- Approval authorities for council works under Part 5 of EP&A Act.
- Responsibilities under Rural Fires Act 1997.
- Management of council reserves with potential habitat.
- Consideration of the content of Recovery Plans when preparing plans of management for community land under Local Government Act 1993.
|Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources
- Approval authority for native vegetation clearance applications under the NV Act.
- Administration of property plans under the NV Act.
- Management of crown land with potential habitat.
- Co-ordination of Regional Vegetation Committees and Landcare programs.
- Advice and assistance on environmental planning matters.
- Assessment of major development applications.
- Administration of the general conditions of IFOA.
- Concurrence role under the EP&A Act for certain developments and activities.
- Making of environmental planning instruments including State Environmental Planning Policys and Local Environmental Plans under Part 3 of EP&A Act.
- Determining certain development proposals under Part 4 of the EP&A Act.
- Approval of certain activities under Part 5 of EP&A Act.
|Catchment Management Authorities
- Development of catchment action plans.
- Provision of loans, grants, subsidies or other financial assistance for the purposes of catchment activities.
- Provision of assistance to landholders to fulfil the objectives of catchment action plans.
|State Forests of New South Wales
- Implementation of prescriptions detailed in IFOA terms of threatened species licence granted under Part 4 of the NSW Forestry and National Park Estate Act 1998.
|Rural Fire Service
- Preparation of Bush Fire Risk Management Plans and Plans of Operations.
- Fire management.
|Other State government agencies
- Management of public lands with potential habitat.
- Approval authorities for activity proposals under Part 5 of EP&A Act.