Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery
Variation to declaration of an Approved Wildlife Trade Operation
Commonwealth of Australia Gazette, GN 45, 10 December 2004
Commonwealth of Australia
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
Variation to Declaration of an Approved Wildlife Trade Operation
I, Ian Cresswell, Assistant Secretary, Wildlife Trade and Sustainable Fisheries Branch, as Delegate of the Minister for the Environment and Heritage, hereby vary under subsection 303FT(7b), the following conditions of the Declaration of an Approved Wildlife Trade Operation dated 15 October 2004 on the harvest of slipper lobster from Queensland by:
- The varying of the third sentence of the Declaration to read:
- I hereby declare the operations for the harvesting of specimens that are, or are derived from, fish or invertebrates, other than specimens of species listed under Part 13 of the Act, taken in the Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery, as defined in the management regime for the fishery, made under the Queensland Fisheries Regulation 1995 in force under the Fisheries Act 1994, to be an approved Wildlife Trade Operation, in accordance with S303FN (2) and (10)(d), for the purposes of the Act.
- The varying of condition b) to read:
- is valid until 14 October 2007.
Dated this Twelfth day of November 2004
Delegate of the Minister for the Environment and Heritage
Under the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act 1975, a person whose interests are affected by this decision may apply for a statement of reasons and for independent review of the decision. An application for a statement of reason may be made in writing to Environment Australia within 28 days of the date of the declaration. An application for independent review may be made to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on payment of the relevant fee within 28 days of the date of the declaration, or if reasons are sought, within 28 days of receipt of reasons. Further information may be obtained from the Director, Sustainable Fisheries Section.
Variation to Declaration of the Harvest Operations of the Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery as an approved Wildlife Trade Operation
Additional Provisions (s.303FT)
Relating to the harvesting of fish specimens that are, or are derived from, fish or invertebrates, other than specimens of species listed under Part 13 of the Act, taken in the Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery, made under the Queensland Fisheries Regulation 1995 in force under the Fisheries Act 1994.
Operation of the fishery will be carried out in accordance with the Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery management regime made under the Queensland Fisheries Regulation 1995 in force under the Fisheries Act 1994.
- The Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries (DPI&F) will inform the Australian Government Department of the Environment and Heritage (DEH) of any material change to the legislated management plan and/or arrangements that could affect the criteria on which EPBC decisions are based, within 3 months of that change being made;
- Reports to be produced and presented to DEH annually, and to include:
- information sufficient to allow assessment of the progress of DPI&F in implementing the recommendations made in the Assessment of the Queensland Developmental Slipper Lobster Fishery 2004;
- A description of the status of the fishery and catch and effort information;
- A statement of the performance of the fishery against objectives, performance indicators and measures once developed; and
- Research undertaken or completed relevant to the fishery.