Geoscience Australia - Bonaparte CO2 Seismic and Bathymetric Survey 2012, NT
Cetacean permit application C2012-0002
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, March 2012
- General permit application (PDF - 827KB)
- Application - Supplementary Form A (PDF - 1184KB)
- Referral of proposed action (PDF - 714KB)
- Figure 1 Location Map (PDF - 261KB)
- Figure 2 Socio-economic and environmental sensitivities (PDF - 354KB)
About the application
The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities has received an application for a permit under Part 13, section 237 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
Geoscience Australia proposes to undertake a two-dimensional (2D) marine seismic survey and bathymetric survey in Commonwealth marine waters off Western Australia (WA) and the Northern Territory (NT), ranging between approximately 10 metres (m) and 100 m deep. The survey will be located in the Bonaparte Basin approximately 100 km west of Darwin, over an area of approximately 20,700 km2. The proposed survey is scheduled to commence in early April 2012 and will take approximately 70 days to complete, depending on weather conditions. The proposed survey will be conducted using a specialist seismic survey vessel towing a suitable array of airguns and a single hydrophone streamer. The bathymetric survey will be conducted using a multi-beam echo sounder, which will operate concurrently with the seismic equipment.
In accordance with the provisions of section 237(3b) of the EPBC Act, you are invited to comment on this proposal before COB 13 April 2012.
Comments can be sent by email to EPBC.firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Cetacean Conservation Management Section
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
- General permit application (PDF - 827KB) (PDF - 974 KB)
- Application - Supplementary Form A (PDF - 1184KB) (PDF - 1.16 MB)
- Referral of proposed action (PDF - 714KB) (PDF - 713.62 KB)
- Figure 1 Location Map (PDF - 261KB) (PDF - 260.07 KB)
- Figure 2 Socio-economic and environmental sensitivities (PDF - 354KB) (PDF - 353.16 KB)