Application for a permit for incidental impacts on Green and Hawksbill Turtles from construction of freight and passenger facility, Rumah Baru, Cocos (Keeling) Islands (E2011-0048)
- General Permit Application (PDF - 488 KB)
- Supplementary Form C (PDF - 1,015 KB)
- Environmental Management Plan (PDF - 1,065 KB)
- Construction Environmental Management Plan Part 1 (PDF - 1,726 KB)
- Construction Environmental Management Plan Part 2 (PDF - 2,071 KB)
- Construction Environmental Management Plan Part 3 (PDF - 1,334 KB)
About the application
The department received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed threatened species and ecological community in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, section 200 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is for incidental impacts on Green Turtles (Chelonia mydas) and Hawksbill Turtles (Eretmochelys imbricata) from the construction of a freight and passenger facility at Rumah Baru, Cocos (Keeling) Islands. The Green Turtle and Hawksbill Turtle are listed threatened species under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of section 200(3) of the Act, comments were invited on this proposal. The comment period closed 27 April 2011.