Application for a permit to survey Green Turtles (Chelonia mydas) and sea snakes, Sahul Shelf, Timor Sea, WA (E2012-0065)
- E2012-0065 General Permit Application (PDF - 61 KB) | (Word - 103 KB)
- E2012-0065 Supplementary Form C (PDF - 72 KB) | (Word - 118 KB)
- E2012-0065 Attachment — description of proposed action (PDF - 42 KB) | (Word - 25 KB)
- E2012-0065 Attachment — additional personnel details (PDF - 42 KB) | (Word - 26 KB)
- E2012-0065 Attachment — map (PDF - 230 KB) | (Word - 285 KB)
- E2012-0065 Attachment — ethics approval (PDF - 959 KB)
- E2012-0065 Attachment — research vessel (PDF - 193 KB)
About the application
The department received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed threatened species and ecological community and listed marine species in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, sections 200 and 257 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is to survey for Green Turtles (Chelonia mydas) and sea snakes at Ashmore Reef, Cartier Island, Hibernia Reef, Seringapatam Reef, Scott Reef and Browse Island on the Sahul Shelf in the Timor Sea, WA. The Green Turtle is a listed threatened species and the sea snakes to be surveyed are listed marine species under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of sections 200(3) and 257(3) of the Act, comments were invited on this proposal. The comment period closed 29 February 2012.