Application for a permit to DNA sample and satellite tag Dugongs (Dugong dugon) in waters near Boigu Island, Torres Strait (E2012-0069)
- E2012-0069 General Permit Application (PDF - 1,396 KB)
- E2012-0069 Supplementary Form C (PDF - 1,505 KB)
- E2012-0069 Attachment — JCU Animal Ethics Approval (PDF - 1,635 KB)
- E2012-0069 Attachment — Biological Resources Permit Application (PDF - 3,598KB)
- E2012-0069 Attachment — TSRA Letter of Support (PDF - 476 KB)
- E2012-0069 Attachment — Qld Scientific Purposes Permit (PDF - 1,961 KB)
About the application
The department received an application for a permit to kill, injure, take, trade, keep or move a listed migratory and marine species in a Commonwealth Area under Part 13, section 215 and 257 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act). The application is to DNA sample and satellite tag Dugongs (Dugong dugon) in waters near Boigu Island, Torres Strait. The Dugong dugon is a listed marine and migratory species under the EPBC Act.
Please see the documents above for further details on the proposal.
If the application for a permit to conduct the activity is approved the permit will be valid for a period of up to five years.
In accordance with the provisions of section 215(3) and 257(3) of the Act, comments were invited on this proposal. The comment period closed 28 August 2012.