Protecting Heritage Places
10 steps to help protect the natural and cultural significance of places
Australian Heritage Commission, 2000
Step 4: Why is this place important? (continued)
How have others prepared statements of significance?
The following show some different approaches to statements of significance. The length, layout and style, partly depends on why the statement is being prepared, whether it is for a management plan, a heritage register or some other purpose.
- Mulgoa Nature Reserve, New South Wales
- Dawn Fraser Swimming Pool, Balmain
- Kulpitjata, Northern Territory
- Boonarga Cactoblastis Memorial Hall, Queensland
- Vinja Camp Myth Site
- Eureka Rebellion Precinct, Ballarat, Victoria
- Holsworthy Area, Sydney Basin