ANHAT - Southern Rivers, New South Wales
Biodiversity Summary for NRM Region
- Summary: Southern Rivers, New South Wales (PDF - 169 KB) | (RTF - 1,006 KB)
- Species listing: Southern Rivers, New South Wales (PDF - 417 KB) | (RTF - 3,910 KB)
This summary was produced by the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities using the Australian Natural Heritage Assessment Tool (ANHAT). ANHAT is a database and decision support tool which uses over 33 million specimen and survey records for vertebrates, selected invertebrates and 137 vascular plant families (over 15,000 species). This Biodiversity Summary does not include exotic or extinct species.
Species Restricted to this Region
The proportion of sampled range (%) as shown in the Species List is an indication of the distribution of the species in the region in relation to other parts of Australia.
There are 276 species with greater than 50% of their recorded range in the region. Of these species, 129 species have 100% of their recorded range in the region. See the Species List for details.
Threatened species (Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999)
Total number of threatened species (Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999) in this region which belong to the families covered by this Biodiversity Summary (Appendix 1):
- 1 species declared as critically endangered
- 43 species declared as endangered
- 71 species declared as vulnerable
- 1 species declared as conservation dependent