Albert Hall Revitalisation: significance of site
The Albert Hall was constructed in 1891 by J T Farmils for 14,000 pounds. Built to house the Tasmanian Industrial Exhibition of 1891-92, it is a spectacular building of brick and stucco in the classical Victorian style.
The Hall is owned by Launceston City Council and is home to a wide range of activities including parliament, conferences, concerts, public meetings, balls, dance and theatre performances. The venue hosts up to 1100 people.