Cummins Theatre conservation and upgrade: significance of site

The Cummins Theatre was built in 1897 in Coolgardie. It was later dismantled and sent by train to Merredin where it was re-erected by James Cummins in 1928.

The theatre was permanently entered on the State Register of Heritage Places in 1996, and is highly valued in its community for its live entertainment.