Singleton Showground Pavilion: significance of site

Built in 1880, the showground pavilion is an example of high Victorian Gothic style. It was designed by J Pender, a noted Hunter Valley architect, and is of state and local significance.

The pavilion has been used since it was erected for exhibitions, dances and meetings and is an excellent example of how a theatrical atmosphere can be derived from vernacular architecture.